27.3.12

Gimme Shelter, as The Rolling Stones would say

I stumbled across Foam while browsing the sale section at Zumiez. Nestled amongst the clusterfuck that is the clearance section there, I found my first issue. The cover featured Clemence Poesy (who is an adorable human being, and Fleur Delacour in the Harry Potter films for those who don't know). My ex-roommate harbors quite the girl crush on her, so I instantly snatched it up. Been meaning to find it to give to her, come to think of it. woops.  

Anyways, $9.40 total for the magazine, a flyer for a free subscription, some shitty nail polish, and a Glamour Kills shirt. $9.40! Package deal, kiddos. Since that fateful encounter, I have fallen in love with Foam. They have some of the coolest fashion editorials--eclectic, dynamic, and just hella creative. Imagine my joy when I opened this month's issue and saw one of my favorites, Gillian Zinser, featured in a shoot aptly titled "Gimme Shelter". Ignoring the truly heinous font, this has got to be one of my favorite editorials:


Lesson learned: don't skip out on the sale section, even when it looks like more of a hot mess than Snooki in a leather miniskirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment