7.4.12

Shall I Compare Thee to a Canadian Synth Pop Musician?




Earlier this week somebody told me I look like Lights Poxleitner. They must have been seeing me through beer goggles. Not even. More like those exaggerated, fake beer googles they use for workshops in high school where they tell you not to drink or you'll end up sitting at an AA meeting 8 years down the line with nothing to keep you warm at night but your own shame and that mini bottle of rum kept hidden in your nightstand. yeah I read between the lines.

Exhibit A: An 8 without the influence of alcohol (right). A 10 with the influence of alcohol (left).
Exhibit B: My kind of beer goggles

Back to the point. I suppose being compared to Lights is better than being told I look like Charlyne Yi WHICH I GET ALL THE TIME. But Charlyne is at least awkward and dorky (+simultaneously endearing); L-POX is just the epitome of cool/gorgeous. It's like when your high school English teacher, who is completely bald and wears heavy square frames (before they were cool and ironic, mind you) and looks a bit like the ragdolls from 9, goes to China and is told by multiple Asian people that he looks like Brad Pitt while aboard a double-decker bus. You know they're either (a) blind, (b) full of shit, or (c) gonna try to sell you a suit exactry rike the one Brad wore to the Golden Grobes. You know it's too good to be true, but it's still nice to be associated with someone so cool.


Here's a side-by-side comparison of Brad Pitt and Richard Orlopp, my 10th grade English teacher (who introduced me to Dead Poets Society--coolest teacher ever). 

...even labeled it in case you get confused and can't tell which one's which. 


Anyways, anyone reading this have a celebrity doppelganger? I want to see this shit.




















Lights - Toes from Kenan Sulayman on Vimeo.
 ...one of my favorite Lights songs.



No comments:

Post a Comment